Prologue to Myself
This is a personal journey...Not to pump my ego or show others who I am...But to show myself, this blog is a collection of my thoughts, past, present, and future...it will show me my personality...
...
and in effect who I am!
This is my path to find this out...
Today I was asked who I was...
My first answer was, "Katelyn Elizabeth Smith", the questioneer said, "No, that is your name!" then asked his question again...
I thought over my answer again then replied, "I am a human." his reply was, "No, that's your species." and persistently asked his question again.
I thought, and thought, but then I saw him looking at me, I knew he would give me the time I needed to formulate the answer, because he had the patience to teach and already knew the answer but wanted to see if I could find it...I could not. But that is not what you expected is it? You wanted to here that I have all the answers, well think again, because I think myself wise but I do not know all the answers, and that is why I am wise and answered him, "I don't know."
He gave me the answer I now sought, through his questioning. But this answer came with stipulations.
This answer came with a journey, away to answer it, to find myself, my personality, who I am...
He said, "I gave two parts when asked this same question, from the neck down, I am like an amoeba, I can feel and touch, I have heat sensory from a light breeze to scalding, hot making you react by pulling away. For the second part I said that from the neck up I have sight, two eyes, I can see with just one, but with two I can see depth. I have hearing, I can hear with one ear, but with two I know where the sound is coming from. Then there is the brain, a collection of thoughts and experiences essencially since the day you were born. Building and learning, good habits or bad, creating a personality...that is who you are."
I then concluded: you are not you job, lifestyle, or a name. All of those things can change, you are you, everything culminating to one point. No one knows who you are but you. So that is what I want to find out! This answer will not come swiftly or easily, because the hardest person to know is yourself, so I've decided to figure it out!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home